Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Come As You Are; Tryptophan Tweeker Shelter

When Black Friday comes
I'm gonna dig myself a hole
Gonna lay down in it 'til
I satisfy my soul

                                             - Steely Dan

Dear Lost Souls,

Got the Turkey on your back?

. . . “anybody mind if I  take that leg?” . . . “a little more stuffing and gravy never hurt anybody” . . . “ I don’t NEED seconds: I’m just being polite” . . . “I just need a nap, Man, and then I’m gonna be fine”.
 
And then after the nap comes the Dagwood sandwich . . . and maybe just a bit more dessert! . . . Don’t fool yourself! You’ve got the itch. Friday you’ll be sneaking back to the fridge, jonesin’ for one more sandwich . . . thinking you’ve got it all under control.

Oh yes, my Tryptophan Tweekers, Cocktail Hour is on for this Friday evening. And nothing cures the Black Friday Blues like a dry Manhattan and a bowl of Turkey Gumbo . . . mind you; . . . just to take the edge off . . . get you through the weekend, ya know? . . . and then you can quit whenever you want. Our seasoned alchemical counselors are standing by to support you through the recovery process . . . shakers in hand; gently stirring you from this Waking Dream.

Cocktails will be served at 7.30pm . . . but Gumbo rules are in effect for Friday afternoon; so don’t hesitate to swing by and help stir the pot. As always, please feel free to stop by for a quickie en route to your primary evening venue . . . or to linger indefinitely.

Yours,
The Cabana Boys

The Haberdashery
2124 5th Street
Berkeley, CA  94710
www.CAYA20.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment